The Doog House

"Dont try to be a great man, just be a man and let history decide the rest."

Name:
Location: Okinawa (Normally Thrilling Thiells), NY, Japan

I am a cool laid back cat that like to be all hip on the fun spots in big cities (I know hot spots in N'orleans and learned of alot in NY). I love to travel and meet new people and just chat for hours as if we are old reunited friends. I am also heavily into movies and AFI's 100. I might want to become a film historian or something like that. I LOVE baseball!! I just cant get enough of it, and there is plenty here in Japan.

|

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Henry VIII.




I have to admit that I have a big obsession with the monarchs of England but none more so than the Tudor line and especially Henry VIII. How could some people in this world not have of heard of the story of Henry VIII?? The other day I worked with a guy who had never heard of that story, so I regaled him in it and I said something to this effect. "Henry VIII is one of the few subjects could follow cause it has everything you want: sex, binge drinking and eating, divorces and beheadings. This guy kicked ass!!" I know not everyone shares the same passion for history as me. But, if you are a lover of great dramas from TV or stage or what have you, how could you could you not love the tale of Henry. The guy is banging chicks, beheading ones he gets disgusted with, calling others 'cows that should be sent to pasture' as he did with Anne of Cleaves. He is banging while he is eating turkey (I have an active imagination), all we need to complete this trifecta is some coke being snorted off one of their asses and we have the perfect modern day Tarentino-esque film. Nothing quite like a guy with the balls to get married literally a day after he beheads one wife, kudos to you Henry!!

Liz I


But that is not to take away from his children either, most especially Elizabeth. This chick was just as ruthless as her father and more cunning. Henry would have of been proud to see the monarch that she became. The great irony is that Liz's mom (Anne Boelyn) lost her head cause she promised that Liz would be a boy (there were other reasons too, but lets not take 'ludes just yet). And she had to deal with her younger step-bro, a chick who had the same name as a GI Joe character Lady Jane Grey, then her ragging sister as monarchs first. All through it Liz survived and was a kick ass monarch, tolerant but strict, ruthless yet fair, horny yet controlled. Gotta love the Tudors!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home