The Doog House

"Dont try to be a great man, just be a man and let history decide the rest."

Name:
Location: Okinawa (Normally Thrilling Thiells), NY, Japan

I am a cool laid back cat that like to be all hip on the fun spots in big cities (I know hot spots in N'orleans and learned of alot in NY). I love to travel and meet new people and just chat for hours as if we are old reunited friends. I am also heavily into movies and AFI's 100. I might want to become a film historian or something like that. I LOVE baseball!! I just cant get enough of it, and there is plenty here in Japan.

|

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Why is it we get those career advisement things only once in our lives and not when we are 25 and at a crossroads of what to do with ourselves? I think it is perhaps that the true adventure is in finding out who we are and what makes us happy and how to channel that into financial success. I look at my last five years and realize I have worked like 5 different jobs in that time frame (for details of what I did, just ask. I'll regale you in boredom with the details). And the ultimate thing is that I realized that all those jobs were wrong for me. Yet I trod on along, at least as long as me old body will hold me. But there does come a point where ya ask yourself. Do I just go with what makes me money and not happiness? Or do I continue that pursuit for that perfect career? Due to my current situation, it is difficult to ask people here cause most of them have been in since 18. I of course decide to do the genius thing and join after I have worked and garnered and education. I know I love the adventure of a new career prospect, but hate the heartache of realizing "OK this isnt going to work." Then it becomes like a bad breakup. You dont want to see the old co-workers and run when that occurs. Ask for your stuff back like they are being held and surrounded by Al-Za Kawai's men.

I know that I always can entertain a crowd with my humor and can carry the weight of more and more people gathering as if it is nothing. Perhaps my inner self is trying to tell me something. (Insert Homer voice) "Food goes in here." Ohhh well just some stuff that I was pondering in the middle of my shift.

Ohhhh in other details I learned something somewhat cool and disturbing about the F-15E model. I work on C-models here in Okinawa. Anyways, there is a link on the cockpit of the E model for pilots to plug in a radio or IPod or what have you. Pretty cool. The disturbing part is that you know they are listening to something fully homoerotic like "Highway to the danger zone" on constant repeat. While they do a lil girating of the hips as they travel cross country. Uggghhhh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home