The Doog House

"Dont try to be a great man, just be a man and let history decide the rest."

Name:
Location: Okinawa (Normally Thrilling Thiells), NY, Japan

I am a cool laid back cat that like to be all hip on the fun spots in big cities (I know hot spots in N'orleans and learned of alot in NY). I love to travel and meet new people and just chat for hours as if we are old reunited friends. I am also heavily into movies and AFI's 100. I might want to become a film historian or something like that. I LOVE baseball!! I just cant get enough of it, and there is plenty here in Japan.

|

Saturday, March 13, 2004

Alriighty, thing have been boring on the Doog blog, but not in Doogies life in general. Things are great as far as life goes and I find it neglectful that I dont write about it, as per Erin, a former/current padawan. I am totally over the depression that over took me around X-mas, have about 40 days till my leave date and have not a worry in the world. I mean I had one big blow out night where I fought with my bro and my best friend in the same night (Vinny and Vig to those who know me).


But what is funny is that within these same few weeks I have discovered someone who was cool to me and someone who is as equally cool. What is funny about her is that I met her like four years ago at a party for one of our firehouses and she is totally cool and chill and what not....we have chatted a lot since that night over the years and have developed a relationship with each other and what not. She always liked my sense of humor and I always liked making her laugh. Long story short we are cool as Fonzie.


What is funny about this same girl is the fact that my father is a 'honorary member" of this dept. this girl belongs too and what not. He has seen her around and what not. My father is also member of the Elks Club, Columbian Fire Dept (Honorary) and the American Legion (as a result of his Vietnam experience). Well at the Legion they have a lot of old men, but they also have young blood which are "Sons of the Legion" (Of which I am) and there people perform various tasks. Including barteninding. In the last year my father has taken it upon himself to play the role of "Emma" and be my matchmaker, and his perfect chocie for me was this girl who bartended at his legion. The funny thing is, he spoke higly of me to this girl like "Ohhhh my son is smart, he has two degrees, etc..." and this girl was like "Ohhh Vinny go home relax etc.". Anyways take it to March 2003 we come back from a parade for John Coughlin (A guy we lost in the 9/11 attacks and whose daughter I tutored in the summer of 2001) and we all go back to the legion. We get there and my father feeling all forshnickered sees the bartender and sees me and goes "Marie this is my son Dennis, Dennis this is Marie..." Not knowing that we knew each other from the proceeedings I wrote of before. Myself and Marie laughed and had a good time with is telling my father that we knew each other, BUT she didnt know my father was my father and that we were related, she laughed at that.


My father tried to play Emma again in August 2003 at my cousins wedding. But in his defense he didnt know I went out with her, but still he tried to play "Emma" cause the Matron of Honor was very forshinckered and said "We'll I am single and have no prospects..." and my father introduces me to her after this speech and goes "Your single, she's single take it away...". I was never more mortified in my life. One, cause I had just started a relationship, two cause my father saw to making my love life better. So embarrasing


Anyways, Marie went with me for a wonderful time at the Met, then we went for dinner at lil' Italy, afterwhich we went bar hopping. Which is where the legend of Marie and Doogie will live forever. We went throughout Greenwhich Village and discovered a bar not known to public but too celebs and went there and saw no less that Bob DeNeiro. God it was a majestic night. After that place Marie goes, lets go here cause it "has lights". And we go in


Well we go in and there is no one there, just a couple and some other people and what not. So we are hanging and having a good time and what not (for those reading it was a bar not too far from the Slaughtrered Lamb) and the crowd starts building. Went out to a few more places and the only highlight for me is that I actually got to see former Mayor Gulliani face to face after leaving that place and that was a thrill of a lifetime. Marie and I left NYC. It was great day spent with a great lass... This is one of my mini-sub adventures that I have had since December but havent posted forthwith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home