The Doog House

"Dont try to be a great man, just be a man and let history decide the rest."

Name:
Location: Okinawa (Normally Thrilling Thiells), NY, Japan

I am a cool laid back cat that like to be all hip on the fun spots in big cities (I know hot spots in N'orleans and learned of alot in NY). I love to travel and meet new people and just chat for hours as if we are old reunited friends. I am also heavily into movies and AFI's 100. I might want to become a film historian or something like that. I LOVE baseball!! I just cant get enough of it, and there is plenty here in Japan.

|

Friday, March 19, 2004

Wow is all I have to say...St Pats was a fucking blast and by far one of the best that I ever had. Myself, Marie and her friends, Kristen, Liat, Erin, took the train from Tarrytown down to Grand Central. Everyone else was 'pre-gaming' by putting rum into Pepsi one liter bottles, and what not. Needless to say a few of them were forschinkered before we even got down to NYC. We watched the parade and fell into little small groups while the Parade was on. Myself and Marie were doing a lil bar hopping between watching the parade to keep ourselves warm. And we wound up meeting up with everyone else due to the miracle that is cellular phones. Kristens friend had knee surgery and her leg would hurt her pretty bad that she couldnt walk so she wound up having to be piggy-backed everywhere. I carried her on my back, and then on my shoulders for about 7 blocks before I was just too tired to carry her anymore. Liat was a lil crazy practically kissing every fireman that she saw, I could only just be "Wow!!" as I walked away laughing my ass off.

We watched the parade for a lil while longer before Marie and myself went to a lil deli on 54th and Madison. Just to recharge but I also had too pee sooooooooooooooooo bad it was ridiculous, but the deli had a "Out of Order" sign on it. So I had to hold it in. Everyone else met up with us and we rested for a bit before heading uptown. After a beligerent cab ride, to the Upper East side, I finally was able to locate a bathroom after holding it in for 2 and 1/2 hours, and I was recharged. After a few bites of pizza and watching some girl hit her head on the top of a doorway while being carried by her boyfriend "fireman's carry" style which caused an immense amount of laughs. She was ok but man it looked like it was going to hurt in the morning.

We went to a place on 85th and 2nd, which was fucking awesome. While mixing and mingling with a few good people from cops to women, etc I got a call on my cell and it was Duane. He told me he was at Brother Jimmys with a few people from his house. So I went down that a ways and met a few of his guys from that house. And I also got to see how that fire jacket is a poonanny magnet, and that is all I am going to say about that cause I dont want to get someone in trouble. Everyone then came down to Brother Jimmys and man alive the party got fucking insanely awesome from there. Our final stop on our bar tour was Mo's Carribbean Cafe (Two doors up from Iggy's) and it was all my people there from Duane to Marie to my cousins and my sis...God damn what a fucking blast. I just have to say though to people who run that place, mopping the steps to the bathrooms at 9PM at night is NEVER a good idea. I slipped on the steps as did many other people as well, but that was really the extent of the problems there. I had a fucking awesome time that I dont even know how to describe it here. It was awesome to dance with all the girls and hang with my cousins, and the guys of Engine 58.

The only thing was when we left that place, there was a lot of miscommunication between everyone and we all wound up going different ways. I wound up missing the wrong stop and I ended up in Brooklyn, Prospect Park mind you. And it was a good samamritan black woman who said to me "Honey you in the wrong stop (Of which I knew)" But she did point in the right direction for the train. Reason why I didnt call the others to find out where they were was cause my phone had died, so it was a total WTF situation. I unplugged my battery, and put it back in and was able to get juice into it, and I called my sis who was with my bro and Patty Coughlin and they basically came and got me when I made it back to Manhattan. The whole thing was insane but an experience nonetheless. I finally made it home around 315AM, and took the Haverstraw ferry to Ossining yesterday afternoon to retrieve my car. It was the greatest Pattys day that I had and many know I am a better verbal story teller than I am a writing one. To all involved, thanks for a wonderful time...we still have to laugh and what not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home