The Doog House

"Dont try to be a great man, just be a man and let history decide the rest."

Name:
Location: Okinawa (Normally Thrilling Thiells), NY, Japan

I am a cool laid back cat that like to be all hip on the fun spots in big cities (I know hot spots in N'orleans and learned of alot in NY). I love to travel and meet new people and just chat for hours as if we are old reunited friends. I am also heavily into movies and AFI's 100. I might want to become a film historian or something like that. I LOVE baseball!! I just cant get enough of it, and there is plenty here in Japan.

|

Saturday, October 01, 2005

I was thinking of something as I read about diminishing sales at the box office for motion pictures. The real problem I think is the mulitplex which forces film companies to create 'filler' movies so that there is something for the public to watch. Hence the reason for the careers of the Lindsay Lohan's and the Hillary Duff's and the worst of them all, Matt Damon. If maybe there were less movie theatres there would be more quality films. I know the debate is, there will still be crappy movies even if there are less theatres. True, but they will become a true part of nature and go straight to DVD instead of clogging up the movie theatres.

Lets face the facts, the other reason people dont like to go to movies anymore is because of all the animals that are there. The lights go out and the jungle instincts come out for people, just like when they did in the Congo. People just don't have fucking cooth anymore to shut the fuck up when out. And if ya say anything about it you get a shiv in the kidney from the "golfer" that just got out of prison a month ago.

And of course the shelf life of movies aren't that long anymore, so within 6 months the movie ya wanted to see is out on DVD already. With the advent of awesome home theatre systems, such as Bose and others, why bother going out to pay $10 for a giant piece of crap when you can rent it from Netflix or through digital cable. And then you can enjoy that giant piece of crap at home.

Just a few thoughts.

PS I have bought a digital camera and should be hosting some pics here from the home of the Nippon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home